Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Season of Fall

I would have to say that Fall is one of my favorite seasons.
The changing of the colors.
The cool crispness in the air.
The new television episodes and shows.

Let's start with last year's favorite new show - Heroes.

Two episodes in and they're off to a GREAT start!
I really appreciate that they didn't just pick-up the show from immediately after the events of the season finale.
The writers have done an excellent job showing the ways the consequences of the finale have impacted the characters.
They have also done a great job in not giving us all the information creating a desire to watch next week for more answers.

All in all, Heroes looks to be getting better and moving forward, rather than simply maintaining the success the show had last season.

Now, let me tell you about the new show that I like the most.
Allow me to preface this by saying that I haven't really watched any other new shows this season, but this one showed promise, so I watched it, and I love it!

The show is Pushing Daisies.

I absolutely LOVE this show and I am very excited to see where it goes.
In a media that is saturated with dark and brooding shows like CSI, and Heroes and LOST (all shows which I love, by the way) it is refreshing to see a bright and quirky drama that seems to be full of hope.

I'm very interested to see how the premise (the main character, Ned, has the ability to bring people back to life with his touch) will work out over the course of a season.
There is an incredible amount of potential for a show like this, and I think it could be the caliber of dramady that television is missing.

3 comments:

jennifer said...

OOO!!! I watched Pushing Daisies last night too and thought it was hilarious!! I am now busy with television Tues, Wed, and Thurs!! I tried watching Heroes on Monday but I was babysitting and wasn't able to catch it. Man, you have GREAT taste in tv shows!!

jackie said...

somebody was busy during work today :)

Ryan said...

I heard something on NPR on Pushing Daisies. It looks neat! I don't know if Sarah and I have time for another show (Sarah's a reality show nut).