Sunday, November 04, 2007

the week of craziness

I have survived what I believe to be the craziest week in my first year of teaching so far. Reasons why? #1 Fall Town Hall #2 The earthquake #3 Pumpkin Day (my replacement for celebrating Halloween) #4 Operation Christmas Child #5 Report Cards. Let me just say having Halloween Day be the day after an Earthquake makes for a crazy day in the classroom. Here are some pictures to show you some of the fun we had this week in room 6. Did I mention we had park ranger on a horse come to us on Thursday as well? Oh yes it was a big hit with the kids. Our story out of our textbook this week was about a park ranger.

Working on a pumpkin project


This is the sister of one of my students-she has a beautifully painted face!


Decorating Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats-some were a mile high with frosting!


Look closely-the pumpkin has a cute face!


Working on measuring line segments with candy corn---and eating them too :)


Ranger Rich and Cody-right outside my classroom


Our great 2nd grade listeners-in a bit of a shock that a horse is at school


Seeing Cody up close


Packing up boxes for Operation Christmas Child

3 comments:

jennifer said...

Awww...you're students are so cute!! So did you make all those rice crispies yourself? I can't wait until I get to hang out with your crew!

jackie said...

no-my room mom made them for me :)

Ryan said...

hey! where'd that last post go??? I was under the impression Jerm was about to make some political statements.