Monday, January 14, 2008

Realizations

This evening I believe that I discovered why I haven't posted as often as I would like to. Other than wanting to simply veg out after spending the day at work, I came to the conclusion that after eight plus hours in front of a computer screen entering numbers and sending emails, the thought of spending more time in front of a computer screen, typing wasn't the most appealing option available to me upon returning to my apartment.

This is a problem because I truly want to post and have content floating about my brain that I want to actualize.
Since these are still fresh ideas, I'm still working out solutions.
One idea that I might work on is writing out what I want to post so that I don't have to do as much spontaneous thinking in-front of the computer.

Let me know if you have any ideas.
I think I have a Luddite tendency somewhere in my veins.

Especially after reading this.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Hey Jerm,

I definitely don't post as much as I want to either. They say that one of the ways to develop better as a writer is to write a good amount every day. That only makes me feel bad ;)

One thing I have done is to keep a lot of notes of ideas that I've gotten momentarily excited about. Keeping those notes on hand makes the materialization of one or two more likely (or I'd like to think so).

Anyways, don't feel like you need to apologize ;) But whenever you get something out I'll be sure to read it!