Tuesday, February 26, 2008

a trip to "the snow"

as a former michigander i would say that i am quite familiar with "the snow." especially since snow was my former last name for 22 years of my life. often during these winter months i will hear this phrase from excited 2nd graders "mrs. denouden, i'm going to the snow this weekend!" in my head i'm thinking-fabulous-you are excited about visiting a place where it is super cold and snowy.
well, let me just say i have never seen snow like i saw last weekend on our trip up to tahoe. a group of 14 of us from san jose crc went up to a cabin this past weekend near sugar bowl. some went skiing/snowboarding on saturday, but others stayed at the cabin and ate lunch at the ski resort. jeremy and i would fall into the second group-relaxing and reading by the fire was quite nice with a cup of cocoa in hand. here are some pictures of the cabin we stayed in.

our room at the cabin
outside the cabin...check out the sweet driveway/parting of the red sea :)
closer view
inside the cabin
at sugar bowl ski resort
check out the windshield wipers-they are up so they don't freeze to the windshield
-genius idea i think!


(check out the hat and sweatshirt jeremy is sporting)

after much snow had fallen...yes, this is the driveway

before the snowstorm

after the snowstorm

4 comments:

jennifer said...

WHOA!! Talk about A LOT of snow!!! at least you don't deal with that EVERYDAY!! I swear the snow is never going to stop!

love ya!

Ryan said...

That's a whole lot of snow. Looks like fun!

(I can't wait til spring.)

Speaking of spring: spring break!

Sarah and I will be in CA during the second week of April :D

Jen said...

That is a ton of snow, I'm so glad I don't live there right now! Enjoy the 60 degree weather for me :) Phone date soon?

Jen

Unknown said...

actually it is 72 today and no chance of snow down here out of the mountains. The trip was great and you got some good pics.